Pediatric Physical Therapy
At CompleoKids our physical therapists put the fun in FUNctional! Our Doctors of Pediatric Physical Therapy help your children work on mobility, strength, balance, and neuromuscular retraining to allow children to enjoy an improved quality of life and do what they do best, play! If you have questions about your child’s motor skills, let the movement experts help you. We treat all ages birth to 18 (and our adult side treats 18+).
Conditions We Treat With Pediatric Physical Therapy
- Plagiocephaly (Flat Head)
- Torticollis (Tight Neck Muscles)
- Delayed Milestones
- Orthopedic and Sports Injuries
- Cerebral Palsy
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Gait Abnormalities
- Down Syndrome
- Pre/Post Lung Transplant
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Equipment Evaluations
- Cerebral Vascular Injury
- Musculoskeletal Injuries
- Toe Walking
- Cardiac Transplant
- Medically Complex Diagnoses
- Developmental Coordination Disorder
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Congenital Limb Discrepancy and Amputations
- Spina bifida
- Visual/Motor/Perceptual Development
- Chronic Pain Disorders
- Ehlers Danlos Syndrome
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Body Work Pre/Post Release of Tethered Oral Tissues
Pediatric Physical Therapy Treatments and Services
- Connective Tissue Mobilization and Myofascial Release
- Joint Mobilization
- Orthotics consultation and recommendations
- Gait Training
- Balance and Coordination Training
- Neuromuscular Retraining
- Strength and Conditioning
- Transfer and Mobility Training
- Pediatric Neurodevelopmental Retraining
- Therapeutic Exercises
- Electrical Stimulation
- Car seat screens and evaluations by a Certified Child Passenger Safety Technician
- Consultation for helmet needs/cranial orthosis for head shape
When Should I Seek out Care from a Pediatric Physical Therapist?
If your child experiences pain, injury, is differently abled, or struggling with mobility we are here to help you. If you notice your child is struggling with movement, coordination, demonstrates a regression of skills, or a plateau in skills a physical therapy evaluation might be indicated. We advocate for early intervention and education over a “wait and see” approach. Our pediatric physical therapists will do a screen if you are unsure if services are needed, if we know you are ready to initiate therapy we can go straight to a full evaluation.
The Ideal Environment for Pediatric Physical Therapy
At CompleoKids, our goal is for your child to feel safe and have fun while working. Our team of Pediatric Physical Therapists all have specialized pediatric training and experience. Our pediatric gym is fully equipped with games and toys to make this experience fun for your child. We have private treatment rooms and spaces to utilize to ensure a calm environment. We don’t want your child to feel overwhelmed by working in a crowded gym. We know you want the best for your child and will settle for nothing less, and neither will we.
What to Expect in Physical Therapy
- A caring and invested physical therapist who has your best interest at heart
- Consistency and Quality: Your care will be consistently provided by the same Doctor of Physical Therapy. Your child building trust and a bond is critical to their success. At Compleo, we don’t use physical therapy assistants or aides and all our physical therapists are experienced, well trained, and continue to pursue quality continuing education yearly.
- Manual interventions: Your physical therapist will provide hands on techniques to release tight muscles, facilitate proper muscle activation, and facilitate improved motor patterns
- Neuromotor retraining and strengthening
- Working with your physical therapist to create functional goals that will make your life and your child’s life easier
- 45-60 Minute sessions unless your child has endurance or other impairments in which case we will consider 30 minute sessions
- Frequency of sessions will be determined by parent and physical therapist together based on level of impairment and what is indicated for your child
- Home Exercise Follow Up: It is important for your child to learn how to incorporate what they learn with our therapists into the real world, we are your guide and bridge for these connections. Your therapist will discuss with you home exercises and ways to carry over clinic skills to real life skills. We promise we won’t give you more than a few minutes a day of homework!
Do I need a Doctor’s Referral to initiate pediatric physical therapy?
No! In the state of Texas, physical therapists are allowed to initiate care without a physician referral.
Not sure if your child is on track with their milestones or if therapy is indicated? Contact us at 254-892-4957 or visit compleowaco.janeapp.com to set up a free screen today!
For Quick Tips, Check out our blog posts listed below:
we are movement experts
We know you want the best for your children and we will settle for nothing less. We are here to help your child move, play, and be a kid. As physical therapists we are your movement experts. We will access your child’s movement patterns and help them become stronger and more efficient. Our pediatric physical therapists have learned cutting-edge and up-to-date treatment interventions for your child. Not sure if your child is on track with their skills?
Our pediatric physical therapists can help your little reach their developmental milestones. Areas of treat include but are not limited to addressing toe walking, determining need for helmet and help treating plagiocephaly (flat spots on head), torticollis (tight neck muscles, preference for looking on direction), providing bodywork pre/post release of tethered oral tissues, scoliosis, chronic pain, cystic fibrosis, developmental delay, and orthopedic injury. Does our little need a jump start? Call us today for a free screening.
For quick tips, check out
our blog posts listed below:
schedule a session
Help your little reach their developmental milestones